Monday 2 July 2012

2 June - Crowden to Bleakedgate Moor

Another good night’s sleep, and a typical YH breakfast, enough to keep me going all day!  Got away by 9 although I wasn’t sure how far I’d be walking today.  My wife and daughter were driving up to collect me and take me on to Badgersfield Farm B&B near Hebden Bridge, with 3 potential pick ups planned between Standedge and Windy Hill.

A quick climb away from Crowden and I’m at the top of Laddow rocks, with fine views across Crowden Great Brook. 

Onwards across Black Hill and then down to Wessenden Head, followed by a gentle stroll along the reservoirs, before arriving at the A62 at Standedge.  Texts between my wife and myself meant that I was walking to the furthest of the 3 pick-ups, which would mean a longer walk today but an easier day tomorrow, so off I pushed across White Hill and onto the car park on the A672 just short of the M62.  

Twenty minutes later my wife and daughter turned up, and we headed off to the B&B.  Badgersfield Farm is directly on the Pennine Way, and Miriam and Gordon were excellent hosts.  Rooms are very spacious with comfortable beds, which we all made good use of after a lovely meal at the Pack Horse Inn just outside Hebden.

No comments:

Post a Comment