Monday 2 July 2012

4 June - Badgersfield Farm to Cowling

No lift needed today as I’d finished here yesterday so leaving the family to have a slow start I got away promptly after breakfast and headed across fields full of sheep and crossed Colden Water over a lovely old ‘clapper’ bridge.


A gentle slope then leads over Heptonstall Moor, with some great views, before crossing a footbridge across Graining Water and on to Walshaw Dean reservoir, where I stopped for a spot of lunch.  From there the route got busier as I approached Withins Heights, but the tourists disappeared as I go closer to Ponden Reservoir, where there are a few steep, but thankfully short, climbs up on to Ickornshaw Moor and thence to Cowling, where I was again picked up by my wife.

That evening we ate again at the Pack Horse inn, and I was feeling quite pleased that so far I’d not found the walk too challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment