Wednesday 9 May 2012

Up and working again!

My trip to Go Outdoors in Southampton on Saturday cost me plenty but I now have a working GPS again.  That was free, Go Outdoors after a quick phone call to Garmin replaced it on the spot, the 'cost' was the price of taking my wife and 9 year old daughter with me!  Daughter got a new bike and a pair of walking shoes, wife bought a fleece ... think it was me that was fleeced though!!

On a more serious note the manager at Go Outdoors couldn't have been more helpful, and the rest of the staff we spoke to were also extremely pleasant, makes a change from staff in many shops these days.

Today I took the Etrex 20 out on a 12 mile walk, having already installed the beta software (2.73 for those interested) that prevents the terminal fault that occurred on my previous Etrex 20.  I don't normally run beta software but this is one occasion when I have as I can't afford to brick my Etrex again, not with the Pennine Way deadline fast approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment